Monday, August 17, 2009

Vultures and Sharks

I feel like a fish that has been thrown onto the beach. Overhead there are vultures waiting, for me to die, and in the water are the sharks, waiting for me to jump in so that they can dig in. There's so many opportunities to make and earn money these days and with that comes even more opportunities for the sharks and vultures to prey on your assets. The ones that will be preyed upon are the uneducated, the lazy, and the gullible.

I looked into Amway Global. It seems like a great opportunity, if you don't like your time or your friends. If you put nose to the grindstone, put in the majority of your time, turn your friends into business associates, and make little to nothing for the first 5-6 years, then you might be somewhat satisfied. I want you to know that this is my opinion that I have made based on my research and my interviews with people I know. Do your own research, don't take my word for it. That brings me to today's tip.

Tip of the day:

Don't believe anyone when it comes to business. I was listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio today when a man spoke of a business venture he undertook with his brother. The business was his brother's idea and when the business went under, they had $52,000 of unpaid loans and various bills to pay off. This guy paid off his half but his own brother said that he was not going to step-up and pay the other half. In other words, he trusted his own brother on a business opportunity and when it fell threw, his brother became a coward. I believe that you should trust your family with most things, but business is business. If you involve family, you're setting yourself up for immense emotional devastation. Like I said in my last post, do your research, regardless of what your family, friends, or your stock broker says. The only business advice that I would never question or doubt would have to come from God's or Jesus' mouth.

Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that you'll come back for more. Keep busting your butt and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment