Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Success! Better than any drug on the market.

When I started my hemp jewelry business, I had sales, but they were from family and friends. It's great that they like what I'm making, but it's not enough. I need people, complete strangers, to buy my product. I need the satisfaction of knowing that people like my designs for the basic fact that they're trendy and cool. Yesterday, I received that satisfaction.

I came home, checked my email, and I noticed an email verifying receipt of an e-check. I look through the email, I saw etsy.com in the email, and before I knew it, I was signing in to my Etsy account. Then I saw it under the "Sold/Orders", I made a sale! The pure joy that I experienced in saying that was comparable that of a little boy on Christmas day when he received what he wanted. There's nothing like it. This is one of the reasons why I decided to start a business. The feeling that you created or did something that people you've never met before want your service or goods, and they're willing to pay for them!

Tip for the Day:
A good practice for turning first time customers into loyal customers is to provide something free to go with they're purchase. In my business, when I sell my jewelry, I will offer free shipping or I might through in a pair of earrings or a bracelet to go with a necklace. If I detailed cars and someone paid me to wax their car, I might throw in a complete wheel and tire cleaning and polish. It shows the customer that they're getting more than what they paid for and, therefore, adding extra value to my products. I still make a profit and I'm setting myself up for more profits in the future.

Thanks for stopping by and sorry for being so late with the post. Get out there, bust your butt, and make some money! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment