Friday, August 7, 2009

Another day, another dollar

I wake up to the annoying ring of my alarm clock. It says 3:30 AM. Why do I do it? Good question. Is it the money? $9.50 an hour, I hear that's good. Oh well, my last day there is August 21. I hate it, but it's easy, it pays, I have bills, and I have a business to get off the ground.

I just received my business cards from Vistaprint yesterday. While I was at work, I took 50-60 business cards and placed them in many different locations in the factory I work in. Tomorrow I will check my Google Analytics to see how effective this marketing strategy was. I also approached people I know in the factory to post my business cards where ever they saw fit. If you get 10 people to post 4 business cards on bulletin boards or where ever, that's 40 opportunities for a sale that only cost you 40 business cards and 2-3 minutes per person.

I've had 3 sales so far. Oh yeah! I'm just raking in the dough, lol. I'll be honest, I hate it. Getting on the computer everyday, checking emails, checking all my accounts, researching, marketing, advertising, and then I can finally sell the product. What I do love is making my jewelry and making money. I feel so tired after everyday, but it will pay off. I need it to pay off.

Well I hope that my experience today helped you in some way. If it did, stay tuned for tomorrow's blog. If you hate it or you just don't care, then why are you still reading? Well if you have time to read something you hate or don't care about then stay tuned for tomorrow's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment